It's almost May! What in the world? I'm not even thirty and time is already flying by. Hope you had a good month, folks. I'm knee-deep in projects, as well as planning an upcoming trip to Tennessee! In the meantime, below are some links I enjoyed this month. See you soon.
1. Loved, loved, loved this article about the man who helped save Des Moines' East Village.
2. Went to the movies a few weeks ago and saw Midnight Special. My friends hated it, but I really liked it because the story was super well-plotted. It also reminded me of other movies, while still feeling very unique.
4. Naomi and Josh over at Love, Taza got new family pictures.
6. If you're on Facebook, head on over and RSVP to the next Food Truck Throw Down at Saturday, May 7th.
7. Des Moines' very own Preservation was featured on Design*Sponge.
8. And more local people making a splash nationally! Des Moines artist, John Bosley, illustrated the cover for the latest edition of Midwest Living. Check out his process.
9. Finally, have you listened to Lemonade? It feels a tad over-hyped, but whenever Bey does something, it feels that way. The New York Times says the album is "not beholden to radio formats or presold by a single." Favorite track so far? All Night.